|Sidebar: USA Rugby Club 7s Eligibility Regs (emphasis ours).|
9.1. Club Eligibility
a) A club must be in good standing by June 15th. Good standing includes but is not limited to: completed CIPP registration of the club with full payment; in good standing with the LAU, and in good standing according to USA Rugby playing requirements. A club may be registered solely to play 7‟s. Clubs already enrolled in the current year‟s CIPP do not need to re-register to participate in 7‟s.
b) Each participating club may carry a maximum roster of 12 players per event. No limit on number of players used by a club in multiple Qualifying events.
c) Each roster must include a minimum of ten (10) players who meet the criteria for player eligibility to participate on the National Team of the United States. Per IRB Regulation 8 a player may only play for the senior USA National Sevens Team if the player:
1) Was born in the United States; or
2) Has one parent or grandparent born in the United States; or
3) Has completed thirty-six consecutive months of Residence in the United States immediately preceding the time of the event; and
4) Has not played for the senior National Sevens Team of another Union; and
5) Meets all other IRB standards for National Team Representation
d) Clubs may qualify one team in the National Championship event.