Canada's head coach Kieran Crowley has made five changes to his starting lineup from last weekend's Can-Am Trophy clash.
Following Canada's 28-22 win over the U.S.A. at Toronto's BMO Field last Saturday, Crowley has opted for some outright changes and positional shifts in both the forwards and the backs to play the second test of the series in Glendale, Colorado this Saturday.
"We've been through last week's game and there were disappointments, especially from our skill level," Crowley said. "So the team is looking to make amends. "Hopefully we can put a better skilled performance on the paddock this Saturday."
Just two changes have been made to the forward pack that started in Toronto, with Jebb Sinclair moved to starting lock, alongside Jamie Cudmore, and Adam Kleeberger moved from the bench to starting blindside flanker.
Sinclair has always been considered an option in both the second row and the loose forwards and scored his team's first try in last week's performance.
Kleeberger came from the bench in last weekend's game, earning his 30th cap for Canada and returning to the Canadian jersey for the first time since November 2010 after injury kept him idle for much of the season.
The forward pack is rounded out by starters from last weekend's game in Hubert Buydens at loosehead, captain Pat Riordan at hooker, Jason Marshall at tighthead, Jamie Cudmore at second row, Chauncey O'Toole at openside and Aaron Carpenter at Number 8.
In the backs, last week's starting scrum half Ed Fairhurst has had to fulfill work commitments prior to the team's Aug. 19 departure for camp in Australia, so will not feature this weekend.
Sean White has been moved to starting scrum half, after being listed in the 22 last week, but not being used in the match. Jamie Mackenzie has been named on the bench as a backup to White.
Ciaran Hearn has also been brought into the starting lineup on the wing after coming on as a replacement for Matt Evans in the 16th minute, when Evans complained of a knee injury. Evans has a strained MCL and is being rested.
As a result of the shuffle, James Pritchard has been moved back to fullback. Much of the starting backline from the first game of the series remains, with Ander Monro at flyhalf, Phil Mackenzie returned to the wing and Mike Scholz and DTH van der Merwe in the centres.
The bench sees a 4:3 split, with Ryan Hamilton, Andrew Tiedemann, Brian Erichsen and Tyler Hotson on alert for the forward pack. Meanwhile, Jamie Mackenzie, Ryan Smith and Nathan Hirayama sit in wait for the backline.
Loose forwards Jeremy Kyne and Nanyak Dala were not considered for selection as both are still recovering from minor injuries received in a Canadian Rugby Championship game for the Prairie Wolf Pack.
Canada vs USA - Canadian squad
1. Hubert Buydens (Saskatoon, SK, Prairie Wolf Pack/CRC, Saskatoon Wild Oats, Walter Murray/University of Saskatchewan)
2. Pat Riordan (C) (Surrey, BC, BC Bears/CRC, Burnaby Lake, Tamanawis Secondary/University of Victoria)
3. Jason Marshall (North Vancouver, BC, BC Bears/CRC, Capilano, Carson Graham Secondary/Simon Fraser University)
4. Jebb Sinclair (Fredericton, NB, London Irish/PRO, Fredericton Loyalists, Fredericton High School)
5. Jamie Cudmore (Squamish, BC, ASM Clermont Auvergne/PRO, Howe Sound Secondary)
6. Adam Kleeberger (White Rock, BC, BC Bears/CRC, University of Victoria Vikes, Semiahmoo Secondary School/University of Victoria)
7. Chauncey O'Toole (Belleisle, NB, Ospreys/PRO, Belleisle Rovers, Belleisle Regional High School)
8. Aaron Carpenter (Brantford, ON, Plymouth Albion/PRO, Brantford Harlequins, Brantford Collegiate Institute/McMaster University)
9. Sean White (Victoria, BC, BC Bears/CRC, James Bay, Oak Bay High School)
10. Ander Monro (VC) (Victoria, BC, Ontario Blues/CRC, Castaway Wanderers, Glenalmond College/Edinburgh University)
11. Phil Mackenzie (Oakville, ON, Esher/PRO, Oakville Crusaders, Appleby College/University of Victoria)
12. Mike Scholz (Oakville, ON, Ontario Blues/CRC, Oakville Crusaders, Oakville Trafalgar High School/McMaster University)
13. DTH van der Merwe (Victoria, BC, Glasgow Warriors/PRO, James Bay, Dr. Martin LeBoldus)
14. Ciaran Hearn (Conception Bay South, NL, The Rock/CRC, Baymen RFC, Holy Spirit High School)
15. James Pritchard (Parkes, Australia, Bedford Blues/PRO, Randwick, Red Bend Catholic College)
16. Ryan Hamilton (West Vancouver, BC, BC Bears/CRC, Capilano, Rockridge Secondary/University of Victoria)
17. Andrew Tiedemann (St. Albert, AB, Prairie Wolf Pack/CRC, University of Victoria Vikes, Paul Kane High School/University of Victoria)
18. Brian Erichsen (Winnipeg, MB, BC Bears/CRC, Meralomas, Oak Park High School/University of Winnipeg)
19. Tyler Hotson (Vancouver, BC, Plymouth/PRO, UBC Old Boys Ravens, St. George's School/University of British Columbia)
20. Jamie Mackenzie (Oakville, ON, Esher/PRO, Oakville Crusaders, Appleby College/University of Victoria)
21. Ryan Smith (Calgary, AB, Prairie Wolf Pack/CRC, Calgary Irish, Mayfield Secondary/University of Guelph)
22. Nathan Hirayama (Richmond, BC, BC Bears/CRC, University of Victoria Vikes, Hugh McRoberts Secondary/University of Victoria)
Head coach – Kieran Crowley
Team manager – Rodger Swany