The Head Coach position is responsible for all aspects of the Eagles Men’s program including planning and development, team preparation and oversight of administrative and logistical functions. The Head Coach will work with all National team Head Coaches, 7s and 15s, and work with all development pathway teams and their coaches.
The Head Coach will report directly to the USA Rugby Chief Executive Officer/President of Rugby Operations. The Head Coach will supervise Assistant Coaches, Team Managers, Athletic Trainers/Physiotherapists and others as assigned, and work closely with all National 7s and 15s coaches.
• Applying an effective combination of personal attributes and skills, strong leadership and inspirational communication skills in order to manage a dynamic and diverse team environment.
• Identifying, assessing, selecting and recruiting player talent, locally and internationally.
• Designing, planning and implementing a coaching program that supports participants’ developmental needs including incorporating periodization, team and individual player development, game planning considering team, opponent and environmental characteristics and session planning based on evaluation of team and individual play.
• Overseeing the management of all administrative and logistical support for the program, staff and players including creation and maintenance of team plan and attendant budget, assessment of progress against plan and periodic reporting.
• Assisting the development of specialist, and age grade coaches to develop their own coaching skills and techniques.
• Liaising with the Coach Development Program, Regional Academies, Elite Coaches, and others to improve the standard of rugby throughout the United States based on standard practice.
• Assisting the USA Rugby Coach Development Program in developing the coaching skills and techniques of national, regional and elite level coaches such as assistant, specialist, and age grade coaches.
Any combination of experience and education that demonstrates:
• A passion for coaching at the international level.
• Ability to create a suitable international coaching environment.
• Ability to work with others in a pressured environment.
• 7s and 15s literate.
• A strong commitment to nurturing and developing coaches.
• A well balanced constructive interpersonal style.