The Serevi High Performance Camp is set to start July 14 at the Olympic Training Center in Chula Vista.
Lasting a week, the Serevi High Performance Camp is designed for ab out 50 players who have high-level aspirations in rugby.
The demands of the Camp mirror those of a national team camp and, therefore, set the High Performance Camp apart as a benchmark for emerging talent.
The program is planned and executed by Serevi Rugby High Performance Staff: longtime USA 7s team captain Matt Hawkins, all-time 7s great Waisale Serevi, and longtime captain of England, Ben Gollings.
The objectives of Serevi Rugby® High Performance Camp include:
- Identify and develop Sevens players for the U.S. Olympic team
- Identify and develop Sevens players for all age grade national teams (Collegiate All Americans, High School All Americans & U20’s)
- Offer unparalleled access to world-class coaching and professional administration
- The High Performance Camp asks players to consistently execute core rugby skills under increasing levels of pressure with strict attention to detail.
Camp Programming Incorporates:
General Rugby Skill and Game Development
- Core Sevens Skills (Catch, Pass & Operating in Space)
- Position & Unit Specific Skills
- Performance Analysis
- Aerobic & Anaerobic Conditioning
- Speed & Agility
- Injury Prevention & Rehab
- Recovery techniques
- Mental Skills
- Drug Education
For more information or to receive your nomination form, contact Lead Coach Matt Hawkins at
Video of Ben Gollings discussing the Serevi High Performance Camp